navbar

Tuesday 27 March 2012

DIY- How I Organise My Nail Varnish

I found without a free-standing or wall rack to hold your nail varnish, it can be a right pain to organise it efficiently. And if you're anything like me, you won't be able to keep a compartment-filed box tidy. However, after subscribing to MakeupJunkie101 on YouTube, I found a video of hers that explains how she organises her nail polish and now I do the same! Below I will explain how it works.


You will need:
- Nail wheels (depending on how many nail varnishes you have. I ordered 5 but this wasn't enough, so I will order another 5 soon. I have between 70-80 polishes)
- A basket
- A blank spreadsheet on your computer
- Pen & paper


Firstly, I'd like to say what nail wheels are & where you can get them. Nail wheels are a plastic disk with false nails coming out from the sides of the disk. I got mine from Ebay in a set of 5. They were £2.99 for the set.Here they are (once painted):



1. You will need to lay out all your nail polishes, I did mine on the floor because I have so many. You will need to group them somehow. I did mine by colour but you can do yours by glitter/non-glitter/shimmer/matt/etc, in the order of the rainbow or any other way you can think of. Then number the nails individually on the nail wheel, if you don't understand what I mean, here is a picture below to demonstrate:


2. On your piece of paper list 1-18. On each nail that you paint write down next to the numbers (in accordance to the nail number on the wheel) which nail varnish you used on it & how many coats you put on. This will make it easier to write up your spreadsheet (and it means you can do it anytime as long as you have the paper!) Here is a picture to show you how I did my sheet:



3. After completing all your nail wheels & the written piece of paper, you will need to open up a spreadsheet (on Excel). You will need to create a table like the following:


(Make sure the polishes are listed in the group order you have grouped them by. If you have grouped them not by colour, then replace the 'colour' collumn with whatever topic the groups are)

4. Fill it in!


This is my final spreadsheet (obviously it wouldn't be zoomed in when read). The real reason for creating this spreadsheet is so if you look at your nail wheel and think, I'd like that one today, which one is it? You can easily view it on your computer. I only did this as nail varnishes look extremely different in the bottle to on your nail and thanks to the 'how many coats?' collumn you can see how many coats you would need to get the look on the nail wheel and therefore estimate how much time you need for drying!

What a great idea?! Thanks MakeupJunkie101!
Have a great day everyone,



No comments:

Post a Comment