navbar

Monday 12 March 2012

Beauty- Harrod's Edition Glossybox

So guess what arrived in the post this afternoon? My Glossybox! This is my second Glossybox and I can safely say I will not be giving up my subscription just yet :-) This month included several amazing products and only 1 I'm not so fussed about. And it's all enclosed in a beautiful, white box :-)


The first product I was drawn towards was the Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter.

Description- "Deeply moisturising, skin softening, naturally rejuvenating body butter in mouth watering blood orange and white pepper". Normally products say they smell like wild scents you would never normally smell or heard of in your life but they smell like rose or something common, however this combination of blood orange and white pepper is a marriage of fresh scents that would really wake you up after a bath or shower, and it actually smells like you would expect it to- orange and pepper!

I would never expect to see a body butter in a tube, either. I found this quite odd at first but after squeezing some onto my hands and rubbing it in, I found it worked really well as it becomes more of a liquid after rubbing. It also seems that a little goes a long way, so this 50ml tube will last a reasonably long time, considering I don't use body butter that frequently.



The next product to catch my eye was this Versace- Vanitas Versace Eau De Parfum. When I first saw a perfume in  my box I was skeptical as I am rare to find perfumes I like the smell of but when I cracked this open and had a sniff I fell in love! I love fresh and non-alcoholic scents that don't sting the nostrils and this is exactly that! It is an everyday, summery smell. But I find that you only need a tiny drop on your skin as it does turn into a bit of an alcoholic smell. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has the same perfume-scent criteria as me :-)

Description- "A luxurious scent from the House of Versace. Vanitas is a rich and voluptuous fragrance with notes of tiare flower, lime and freesia"



The next product is the Revive- Intensite Creme Lustre SPF30. Description- "An intensive, firming moisturiser that helps to reduce the appearance of sagging skin". This is the product I am not so fussed about having as it is a cream to reduce sagging skin and as a 16 year old girl...well it speaks for itself. However, I will use this as a moisturiser after cleansing and toning in the morning or evening. I am grateful to receive this product on the other hand as a 60ml pot (this is 7ml) is £235!!!!!!! I will definitely use this, even if it's not for it's prime purpose, or might even give it to my mum :-)



This product is possibly the one I am most excited about- a Lancome Juicy Tube in Toffee R'n'B (93). When I first saw this I was dissapointed as I am not much of a lipgloss person and I'm more of a lipstick person but when I put it on I fell in looooove! The taste is exactly like toffee/honeycomb and I don't think it could get more precise or yummy, I wish I could just eat it by the tube but sadly I'll have to save it for my lips! It's worth £15.50 (for a full size product) and when I run out of this (I know I deffo will!) I will buy the full size. I really adore this flavour and never thought I would as I don't like sweet-tasting product normally- but a definite must-try/have! I'm not sure what other colours/flavours came in this month's Glossybox but I'm pretty sure none can beat this :-) 

Description- "Ultra shiny hydrating lipgloss"


As you probably know from the reviews above, I'm 16 and I don't think I need Clarin's Extra Firming Body Cream. Although I am grateful that yet another body cream has been added to my box, I feel as though too many creams and moisturisers are put in Glossy/Carmine/etc boxes. I do like the smell of this cream however which is a good point :-) I think I won't be using this as much as my elders but I will use it once of twice probably- but if I do like it I'll let you guys know!

Description- "A formula rich in regenerating and firming plant extracts which restore the skin's youthful density and elasticity"

Thank you for reading! Have a great day,


4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've always wanted to try out Glossybox but i'm a bit on the fence. I just discovered your blog and I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I love Glossybox so much, it's definitely worth it, I've tried Carmine as well but I think Glossybox is waaaay better! Plus it sounds a bit more upmarket as well ;-) thank you lovey xxx

      Delete
  2. I loved my glossybox this month, i was a bit sad i didn't get the burberry lippy, but i'm really pleased with what I got nonetheless! Such a good collaboration! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo, I didn't know they had a burberry lipstick?! Ah I'm sad now! Haha, this box was amazing though! The toffee gloss was by far my favourite :-) xx

      Delete