navbar

Sunday 11 March 2012

Beauty- Top 5 Lipsticks & Glosses

Number 5
At number 5 is one of my lipsticks I discovered years ago, Guerlain KissKiss 201 Rose Satin Hibiscus. The texture of this product is to die for, as it nourishes your lips with gloss and has a firm texture and lasting hold of lipstick and pigment. The colour shown in the picture is a bright pink and tastes like peaches- mmm! I love this colour but I don't wear it much as it's a hard colour to match up to an everyday outfit, so I wear it when I go out. The taste is lush and much nicer than most expensive lipsticks. As for the price, it's amazing for such a great brand- only £9.99. The colour stays on for around 3 hours maximum, which isn't bad for me anyway- always talking and eating!

Number 4
At number 4 is a lipgloss that I have only been in possession of for a couple of weeks, Smashbox, Candid. The gloss is super moisturising and stays on for around 5 hours- which is amazing! It's not very pigmented but the gold shimmer within the pink gloss is so shiny and stands out from a distance. The container is huge and will last forever! At £16.90 being the maximum price on the internet I think it's worth it- although the brush is terrible and the bristles stick out at all angles which really lets the lipgloss down, I love it none-the-less. The gloss has no taste so this is nor a positive or negative point.
Number 3
This lipstick may not look like much but this is by far one of my most used in my collection and of course it's Clinique, Blushing Nude. I got it in a free Clinique giftbag after spending around £20 in Debenhams. It was a tester and came in a travel-size, green lipstick holder. The actual packaging is beautiful: silver and ribbed. However, for £16 I think it could be better with longer-lasting colour as it only lasts for 2 hours max. I would not repurchase this as I could get the same colour for cheaper, but the reason why it's number 3 is because it's so  creamy. The colour doesn't dry out your lips and gives an even and smooth coverage. Overall, a fabulous texture!
Number 2
At number 2 is a very popular lipgloss- L'Oreal Glam Shine. I am unsure what colour this is but the closest I could find is Sand in the Crystals collection. I love this lipgloss and is one of the only glosses I have ever repurchased, as I am more of a lipstick kinda gal. It tastes like raspberries and adds so much glitter over the top of any natural shade of lipstick. It stays on for about 4 hours which is great and L'Oreal also do a 6 hour stay version in all the same colours. And online prices range from £3-£7.49. The heartshape wand also allows quick and easy application!
Number 1
This was so easy to put to number 1! E.L.F Deep Cool Berry Mauve. The colour is rich and the consistency is smooth and like a glossy stick, yet has a matte finish on the lips. I was put off by this product at first because it snapped in half after the first use but the colour is too good not to use! The rich colour compliments any skin/hair tone and certainly brings out my green eyes and I wear it every time I go out, even if just to town. And at £1.50 who can complain?! YES THAT'S £1.50! E.L.F lip shades are superb! :-) Click here to visit the E.L.F website:
http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/
Here's it on:

1 comment: