navbar

Sunday 11 March 2012

Beauty- First MUA Lipsticks

So these are my first ever MUA products! I also got a powder and primer but I'll leave that for another post. I bought these 2 shades; the red being shade 1 and the pink being shade 4. I found the way MUA order their shades in numbers quite odd as the cute names companies often give their lipsticks add a touch of personality, but hey-ho! All MUA lipsticks are only £1 so I decided to get 2 just to try them out to see if I liked them :-)

So this is the pink. I was contemplating adding a bright pink to my collection for a very long time so I finally decided to buy one, I mean for a pound what could go wrong?! I was initially dissapointed with this shade as it didn't work (a lipstick that didn't work?! :-o) but after a couple tries the pigment slowly came out. Because the texture is so moisturising I found it didn't come out as pigmented as I would have liked. :-( So not so happy, but it does come out onto lips with a touch of foundation/concealer on, so at least it slightly works! I'd give this about a 4/10.
And this is the red! I love this red shade as it's the perfect red shade to wear out for a formal event and look sophisticated (as it's a deep, dark red). I also have a colour like this in my E.L.F lipstick collection but I prefer this colour as it's more moisturising and stays on for a long time- plus 50p cheaper! I wouldn't wear this out for everyday and I am yet to find a bright, ladybug red shade (which I was expecting this to be :-( ). Overall I would rate this 8/10 :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment